We are outraged by the unjust killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, and the countless black lives lost to racist violence, institutional discrimination, and police brutality, both recently and throughout our country’s history. As human beings, and particularly as advocates for economic and social justice, we must commit to the eradication of racism in our communities, our country, and the wider world. HUCTW stands in solidarity with protesters and with the Black Lives Matter movement in the urgent fight for racial justice, equality, and human rights.
HUCTW members: If you have experienced racism or other discrimination in the workplace, we stand ready to help – please contact us.
There are many ways to help – join protests, donate funds, educate yourself, and help to amplify black voices.
RESOURCES ON SYSTEMIC RACISM AND ANTI-BLACKNESS
The following resources were assembled by Harvard Women in Tech + Allies Group.
- Race Forward: What is Systemic Racism? [VIDEOS] https://www.raceforward.org/videos/systemic-racism
- Black and Asian-American Feminist Solidarities: A Reading List https://www.blackwomenradicals.com/blog-feed/black-and-asian-feminist-solidarities-a-reading-list
- Letters for Black Lives
- Remember, No One Is Coming to Save Us by Roxane Gay https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/30/opinion/sunday/trump-george-floyd-coronavirus.html
- 10 Books About Race To Read Instead Of Asking A Person Of Color To Explain Things To You
- Understanding and Dismantling Racism: A Booklist for White Readers https://www.charisbooksandmore.com/understanding-and-dismantling-racism-booklist-white-readers
- Save the Tears: White Woman’s Guide
- 5 Ways White People Can Take Action in Response to White and State-Sanctioned Violence
- Anti-racism resources for white people