As a measure to help equalize commuting costs among Union members across the University, the Harvard-HUCTW Transportation Fund provides partial reimbursement of eligible commuting and parking costs deemed to be a significant financial burden. This fund is available only to members of the HUCTW bargaining unit.
The transportation fund runs in two cycles and has two deadlines during the year. For expenses incurred between:
- January to June, the application deadline is approximately July 15th
- July to December, the application deadline is approximately January 15th
We acknowledge receipt of all applications: if you have submitted an application and have not heard from us by two weeks after the deadline, please contact us immediately! email@example.com
Your eligible costs must total more than $120/month ($1440/calendar year) in order to qualify for the fund. For complete list of eligible expenses please consult page two of the Application Guidelines. Eligible costs include:
- MBTA Commuter Rail/Ferry passes for Zones 5 – 10
- Private commuter train (e.g., Amtrak) or bus
- Parking in MBTA or other remote commuter lot or garage
- Parking in the Longwood Medical Area
Ineligible costs include: parking in Harvard lots or garages; street parking; gasoline/tolls/wear of a privately owned vehicle; Local MBTA passes or Commuter Rail passes below Zone 5.
Fund awards are calculated based on the total transportation costs of all eligible applicants. All applicants will receive the same percentage of reimbursement, but your specific award is based on your costs. Your award will vary somewhat from year to year depending on the number of applicants in any given year. All eligible applicants who apply on time will receive a reimbursement.
Your reimbursement will be processed by the HUCTW and Payroll offices, and will appear in your paycheck.
How to Apply
- Fill out your Transportation Fund application. Be sure to include:
- Completed application
- A brief description of your commute
- Receipts/Proof of expense of your transportation costs
- Scan and email, fax or mail to the below address:
HUCTW Transportation Fund
15 Mt. Auburn Street
Cambridge MA 02138
Please use the application below to apply for the current cycle of the fund:
HUCTW TRANSPORTATION FUND APPLICATION AND GUIDELINES
For more information please contact Lynn or Alex at the HUCTW Office at 617-661-8289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.