As a measure to help equalize commuting costs among Union members across the University, the Harvard-HUCTW Transportation Fund provides partial reimbursement of eligible commuting and parking costs deemed to be a significant financial burden. This fund is available only to members of the HUCTW bargaining unit.
The transportation fund runs in two cycles and has two deadlines each year.
- The next application deadline is January 15, 2020 for expenses incurred July – December 2019.
- Update 1/13/20: Application deadline extended to January 20, 2020
- There will be a July 2020 deadline for expenses incurred January – June 2020.
Your eligible costs must total more than $145/month ($1740/calendar year) in order to qualify for the fund. For complete list of eligible expenses please consult page two of the Application Guidelines. Eligible costs include:
- MBTA Commuter Rail/Ferry monthly passes for Zones 5 – 10
- Private commuter train (e.g., Amtrak) or bus
- Parking in MBTA or other remote commuter lot or garage
- Parking in the Longwood Medical Area (Harvard or non-Harvard parking)
Ineligible costs include: parking in Harvard lots or garages anywhere other than the medical area; other Cambridge parking; street parking; gasoline/tolls/wear of a privately owned vehicle; Local MBTA passes or Commuter Rail passes below Zone 5.
Fund awards are calculated based on the total transportation costs of all eligible applicants. All applicants will receive the same percentage of reimbursement, but your specific award is based on your costs. Your award will vary somewhat from year to year depending on the number of applicants in any given year. All eligible applicants who apply on time will receive a reimbursement.
Your reimbursement will be processed by the HUCTW and Payroll offices, and will appear in the next paycheck following award announcements.
How to Apply
- Fill out your Transportation Fund Application Form
- Be sure to include:
- Completed application
- A brief description of your commute
- Receipts/Proof of expense of your transportation costs
- If you have any questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
HUCTW TRANSPORTATION FUND GUIDELINES
For more information please contact Danielle or Alex at the HUCTW Office at 617-661-8289 or email email@example.com with any questions.